Why is Importance of Trademark Registration in India?
Importance of Trademark Registration in India is governed by Controller General of Patent Design and Trademarks, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. Trademark registration in India is done for word, name, logo, numerals, slogan, and device. Trademark Registration provides an exclusive right to the owner of the business who wants to register the brand. Trademark Registration distinguishes the product from other similar product from other businesses. Trademark proves as intangible assets for the owner and protects the brand for a long time. Trademark provides an exclusive right to the owner to use such words, logos, and slogans.
Trademark in India is registered beneath Trademark Act 1999. Trademark registration is divided into one-of-a-kind categories, which is determined by means of the character of the enterprise and the activity they manage. In general there are 45 classes for special products and services. The Authority keeps track of each trademark registered. A registry is maintained for precise items and services. Thus, it is essential while registration to mention the importance of the service or product to be registered. Once the Trademark is registered it remains valid for 10 years. However, it is able to be renewed for next 10 years if the utility is made inside the stipulated time.
What is the significance of Trademark Registration?
• It offers legal protection in opposition to the fake and fraudulent products
• The customers can easily discover the product because of its name or logo
• It creates an intangible asset for the owner, which has an capability to be transferred, offered or franchised.
• Trademark creates believe and goodwill in the minds of the client due to which many customers are loyal to the product.
What are the files required for Trademark Registration?
• Trademark or logo or numerals
• Details of the applicant along with Name, Address, Type of Business, Business pastime and for corporation location of incorporation.
• The services or products which desires to be registered
• Date of first use of the trademark
• Power of Attorney to be signed by way of Applicant
What is the Procedure for Trademark Registration?
1. Trademark Search: The most important step in trademark registration is searching. Before making any utility for trademark prior studies should be carried out through the agent or the applicant from the available database of government.
2. Trademark Application Filing: Once the trademark search is positive, you may continue with the utility for trademark registration via Trademark Agent/Attorney. The utility should be filed with due care and inside the prescribed, The charges for application filing depends on the class category. If the applicant desires to check in the trademark in more than 2 classes, he/she need to pay expenses as according to the class.
3. Trademark Application Allotment: An Application Allotment wide variety is supplied with the aid of the Registrar as soon as the application is filed. The status of such trademark application can be considered online via search facility.
4. Trademark Examination: The application is assigned to the officer in Trademark Registrar Office, who examine the complete application and provides an indicator examination record. The application may be common or may additionally be sent to resubmission, for extra clarification. However, if the applicant is disappointed with the choice of the Trademark authority, he can appeal in opposition to the choice of Trademark officer before the Intellectual Property Appellate Board.
5. Trademark Journal Publication: When the trademark is conventional through the registering authority, the predictable trademark is printed inside the Trademark Journal. This record is to be had on weekly basis and comprises all the logos registered at some stage in that period.
6. Trademark Registration: When there is no opposition to the trademark utility, the trademark manuscript and trademark registration certificate will be organized and despatched to the trademark application. Once the trademark issuing authority releases the certificate, Trademark is considered to be registered.
With the rising awareness about intellectual property wide variety of trademark registration is increasing in India. Infringing the registered trademark can have a whole lot of legal effects and liability. Infringement may additionally appear if one party makes use of a trademark that’s identical or too much like a trademark which is already registered by using every other party, in relation to a services or products which are identical or much like the product or services which the registration covers. Trademark infringement is unauthorized use of a trademark with out information of the registered proprietor or any licensees. Hence, it’s miles beneficial to get the Importance of Trademark Registration before it is too late.
Why importance of Brand Name Registration ?
Brand Name For trademark registration, one needs to meet the simple process supplied by way of the Ministry of Law, Justice & Company Affairs under the Office of the Controller General Patents, Designs and Trademarks.
From proprietor’s factor of view:
• If you want to steady the brand name of your business,
• create your own commercial enterprise identity,
• shielding your commercial enterprise popularity by deterring someone else from using it without your permission
• Improving the satisfactory of operations, business importance in all sectors inside government, entrepreneurial, and private institutions
• developing the customer’s self assurance and attraction
From customer’s factor of view:
• Protecting the customers from deceptive/misleading statistics concerning the goods/offerings
• For easily distinguishing the goods/services We “Solubilis Corporate Services” are the leading Trademark attorney, Patent attorney, Company Secretary in Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Cochin, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tirupur and Trichy. We provide Free trademark registration in Tirupur and all the other cities in India. Hope you all find this article helpful. Thanks for reading!!!